yum question, reverting to old packages.

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 2 23:19:05 UTC 2006

Rahul wrote:
> Richard Hally wrote:
>
>>> Self elected mostly.
>> So we can ignore you when we choose to do so. thanks.
>
> Yes as much as we can ignore any of your comments.

Yes, I hope that *you* ignore my comments. thank you very much.

>>> It would be nice to avoid sarcasm if you want to developers to take
>>> your suggestions seriously.
>>>
>> So you speak for all developers? I didn't realize you were one. What
>> is your day job? PHB-candidate?
>
> Nope. My day job isnt your concern at all. For what I do in Fedora might
> very well be. I am a long term contributor and a board member. So I do
> have some credentials to speak on behalf of the project on occasions.
> In general if you are going to contribute in a discussion, do so
> constructively. If you are focusing on me rather than the message, you
> wouldnt be able to do that. I wont stop you from asking to be ignored by
> indulging in sarcastic comments or adhoc personal attacks however. So
> feel free to go ahead.
>
> Rahul

I don't care if you think "your credentials" entitle you to think you
are God himself. Ideas stand or fall on their own merit.
If you criticize others you should only expect criticism in return. If
you don't like my style too bad. *You* can ignore me if you choose to do
so, please. But please don't criticize others and not expect a reaction.
If you try to tell others how to behave, I think you are out of line.

Best regards,
Richard