[Yum] Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

Tim Lauridsen tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Wed Sep 13 12:07:10 UTC 2006

Peter Eriksen wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Recently I started getting the following error on Rawhide, when trying
> to update using yum:
>
> [peter at localhost ~]$ su -c 'yum update'
> Password:
> Deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE during plugin initialization.
> Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-5.91.1 error was
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:13:15 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Last-Modified: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:45:35 GMT
> ETag: "109cab-105b-4507c52f"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
> [peter at localhost ~]$
>

> My development section of the repository configuration is:
>
> ======== /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo =====
> [development]
> name=Fedora Core - Development
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/os/
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=0
>
> I don't get any responses to "ping download.fedora.redhat.com", and my
> internet connection works otherwise.
>
> Did the download servers disappear, or is the problem on my end?  What
> do I put in "baseurl" to make things work again?
>

> Regards,
>
> Peter

Look like you have enabled the core repo (/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core),
it can't be used with a test release/rawhide because there is no core
repo for release 5.91.
The $releasever in the mirrorlist url is substituted with the current
release.
Just set enabled=0 in the core repo, and you be running again.

Tim