WIRELESS 0.3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Sep 30 20:21:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 12:01:33PM -0700, Frank S. wrote:
> Hi thank you for your reply, I do not have a lot of problem with wireless cards, but why we have to make it harder to people starting to use LINUX, It seams that other Distros do NOT have this problems about legal or they are not afraid (Ubuntu, freespire, SLED 10, Mepis, and others) the problem is that there are to many Distros and when people have problems with one they do not bother to fix the problem they just try another Distro, If we want to make Fedora Core Bigger we have to start thinking in a diff. way.

Isn't that a bit like arguing that if you want better returns on your money
you should rob banks, or hold up old ladies ?

It is important to stay within the law and to build a stable reliable system.
In the longer term it pays dividends in quality and reliability. It also means
that if there ever is a storm of lawsuits we will be in the clear not taken
out by some large third party funded lawsuit.

Alan