rpms/firmware-addon-dell/EL-4 .cvsignore, 1.2, 1.3 firmware-addon-dell.spec, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.2, 1.3

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Apr 2 09:43:58 UTC 2007

Michael E Brown wrote :

> > Can I suggest you use ExclusiveArch: %{ix86} x86_64  fedora is built by people
> > for other archs  than those.  with a side effect that these things get built
> > for archs  they should not be built for.
>
> Does not work. Sorry.
>
> Firmware-addon-dell is a noarch package. So if you use "ExclusiveArch: ...", it
> fails to build. The reason I put in the ExcludeArch line was to keep the
> compose scripts from dropping it into the ppc fedora repo. I am perfectly happy
> to add additional excludearch directives if you send me a patch.

I just realized that I got bitten by this too! The ipw*firmware
packages I maintain have :

BuildArch: noarch
# This is so that the noarch packages only appears for these archs
ExclusiveArch: noarch i386 x86_64

And I thought that the buildsystem would get things right, but it seems
like it doesn't since I just saw that they were available for ppc.
Maybe it's just a matter of fixing the push script so that it checks
the exclusivearchs before it checks if the package is noarch (just a
wild guess).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6
Load : 2.52 2.75 2.46