Future New Init for FC7?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:04:32 UTC 2007

why?
i have browsed through the kernel (with the "make menuconfig" thing) and i
saw ALOT of stuff that i simply don`t need.. specially those annoying
debugging messages at the start... they are turned on and can`t be turned
off without changing it in the kernel.. (the boot quiet option doesn`t
work).

and about the boot progress itself.. i understand that alot of stuff will
needs to be loaded but does it really all have to start at once at boot?
can`t the CORE ESSENTIALS be started together with gnome als often used
programs pre cached so that the boot is fast and the desktop starts fast.

lets take bluetooth for example.. i don`t need to have that on all the time.
i even SWITCHED back to wired mouses and keyboards because my bluetooth
desktop set wasn`t even working (that was with FC6.. don`t know for FC7).
just start the services when a user needs them and autostart it when a user
often needs it... will require some coding but will work alot faster simply
because there is less to start AND it`s really only starting what the user
uses most.

would be cool :)
Mark.