small bug in pup (package updater)

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:25:35 UTC 2007

> Unix tools should keep quiet unless an error occurs.
> If yum fails for some reason, you should know, either through an e-mail
> or by some other means.
>
> If you need to watch yum to make sure it works, you should consider
> filing a bug to make it more noisy on errors.

i agree but i actually meant this also as  expand arrow.. actually the same
one as the one that i describe later on in the first post.
and i think you misunderstand me on all other points.

Security updates are released every 1440 minutes (daily),
> Checking for updates every five minutes is overkill.

that`s not what i mean.. when you run gnome and you see the update
notifications but you don`t use that to update.. instead you use a terminal
session to run all the updates. i think pup should be in same way be
notified of that or just check to see if there ware new updates (yum list
updates) or whatever.. there must be a way ^_^

look at this:
http://www.abclinuxu.cz/images/clanky/tesar/ubuntu_510_software_update_stahovani_s.jpg
pup (while it`s updating) could look like that.. you will keep the user
friendly stuff and you add stuff that the more technical people want.
everyone happy

mark