yum-presto 0.3.4

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 06:07:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 23:31 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I have another long post.
>
> I put presto 0.3.6 on a clean fedora core 6 install on another machine
> I have and ran 'yum update'.
>
> I didn't see anywhere the "presto savings report" that previous
> versions gave, so I wasn't sure if it was working or not, but I guess
> it is working. But look for yourself.
> Can you reenable that feature so yum prints out the savings of
> download that would be needed if presto wasn't enabled? Can you also
> make it print in human readable format (kB and MB instead of bits).
>
> Thank you.
It actually hasn't been removed and does now show space in
human-readable format.  The change I made in 0.3.6 and 0.3.7 is that you
now have to manually select the test presto repository.  There are
directions for doing this on the web site and in the README.  You
weren't actually getting *any* deltarpms, so it won't show the presto
savings report.

I've explained why I made this change in an earlier e-mail on the list.

Jonathan