JBoss and Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 17:53:51 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 13:44:40 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Because we all know/hope Red Hat has an internal plan for his own
> software, and collisions between such internal plans and community
> efforts in the past have not been pretty? You get the usual maintainer
> protectiveness plus the corporate / volunteer barrier.

That's assuming that every part of Red Hat has the same plan / goal as every
other part of Red Hat, and that isn't always the case.  The JBoss folks have
a goal to continue delivering things to their existing customers that they
were before RH acquired them.  Fedora has a different set of goals, which
involves native packaging of JBOSS software for use on Fedora.  These are
just two examples of what the two groups might have for goals.  There are
many many others, and surprise, some of them may directly conflict.
Thankfully different people will be working on them differently and there is
a chance that these goals may be achieved.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora