Re: iwlwifi working anytime soon?

On 4/10/07, Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:
Thomas J. Baker wrote:

> Would anyone in the know care to speculate if iwlwifi is going to work
> anytime soon? It's been in the kernel for a month or so (at least it
> feels like a month) and has never worked for me and many others. From
> the kernel changelogs, it doesn't seem like much is happening with it.

Has been working since it was first introduced here, on a WPA network.
It does have problems but it is okay for normal browsing and downloading.

What exactly is your experience with it?

-Andy

I can verify that it is not working for ipw3945 on Thinkpad X60 either
using NM or manual....  (Fails to associate).

Seems to get confused about frequency; reports my .11g out as .11a, etc.

From some posts to ipw3945 list, appears there are some patches that
put some -Wext functions into the stack.....

I've been testing with each new Rawhide kernel, and then reinstalling
ipw3945 driver/daemon.

tom
--
Tom London