[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Did i just made the fastest dependency checker in the world? (198 packages in 1.5 seconds)



lol
No, new tools have to be backwards compatible else it breaks the entire
toolchain that's been working for years.

i will find a way to "fix" that issue.. perhaps using yum if the "good" way can`t resolve the dependency`s

So if you admit you have little programming knowledge and not even a
working prototype, can you PLEASE stop posting to this list.

do i need to have c++ knowledge to make a prototype? yum isn`t written in c++ (or it wasn`t.. i dont really know there current coding state). i have alot of php knowledge and that will do fine for the moment but i`m also trying to learn c++ ^_^

Then you are going to make yourself very unpopular.

that`s mean... i need to start somewhere. and without feedback i`m not getting far.

To be honest, I think you need to read some source code of rpm and yum
(and a good book on program design) before you start posting claims
about a super fast depsolver.

i didn`t exactly claim that i have the fastest dependency checker.. it was written as a question. but judging from all the feedback i got here i need to improve alot to make the timings more accurate compared to yum. but it`s still likely to be under 1 second for the mysql parsing. and i can look through the yum and rpm sources but that won`t do much good because i won`t understand 99% of it.. the other 1% is the include, print and if statement stuff ;)

Sorry if this sounds harsh.

kinda.. you could just give me suggestions and help me out with the code.

 




2007/4/10, Richard Hughes < hughsient gmail com>:
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 23:38 +0200, Mark wrote:
>         You could do that. But, do you really want your program coming
>         up with
>         different answers than the standard tools?
>
> if the "standard tools" are using logic that`s just no logic than yes
> someone needs to make a change

No, new tools have to be backwards compatible else it breaks the entire
toolchain that's been working for years.

>         This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list,
>         well, until
>         you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a
>         little while
>         off I think).
>
> you can say that (last part) again... it could take a long while till
> it`s done.. considering that i just know what pointers are in c++ and
> besides the pointers i know a few other basics but nothing interesting
> enough to be able to make this stuff in c++ and that`s the exact
> reason why i`m first making it in php.

So if you admit you have little programming knowledge and not even a
working prototype, can you PLEASE stop posting to this list.

>         Not to be rude, but could you start a sourceforce project and
>         then get a
>         mailing list to discuss this sort of stuff in private?
>
> not for now.

Then you are going to make yourself very unpopular.

>         This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list,
>         well, until
>         you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a
>         little while
>         off I think).
>
> Well i need to visions of the people here to make this stuff work so
> that`s one reason why i posted it here.
> i could make a sourceforge account and create a mailing list there but
> it`s highly unlikely that i would have gotten as much feedback as i
> get here. and in the end it`s all for fedora do why not post it here.
> (perhaps the fedora-list would have been a better place)

To be honest, I think you need to read some source code of rpm and yum
(and a good book on program design) before you start posting claims
about a super fast depsolver.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.

Richard.


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]