DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:44:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 08:46 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
<snip>
> I would like to see the yum-presto status after update with bandwidth
> savings in human readable notation. If I'm not wrong there was that
> status in 0.34 but I didn't see it later version - correct me if I'm
> overlooking it.
>
> Thank you,
> Valent from Croatia.

Just a heads up - if you're not getting the screen with the bandwidth
savings, then yum-presto hasn't downloaded any deltarpms.

If this happens consistently, it's probably because your .repo files
don't point to the yum-presto repository.  The easiest way to fix it is:
in fedora-updates.repo, add:
deltaurl=http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/updates/fc$releasever/$basearch
and in fedora-extras.repo, add:
deltaurl=http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/extras/fc$releasever/$basearch

These should become automatic once repository makers start creating
presto repositories themselves.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Jonathan