iwlwifi working anytime soon?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:33:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 16:20 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 09:58 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> > Would anyone in the know care to speculate if iwlwifi is going to work
> > anytime soon? It's been in the kernel for a month or so (at least it
> > feels like a month) and has never worked for me and many others. From
> > the kernel changelogs, it doesn't seem like much is happening with it.
>
> Can people that have been having problems with iwlwifi try with today's
> rawhide kernel (2.6.20-1.3056.fc7)?  I've had it work for me now on 4
> laptops connecting to both an unencrypted and an encrypted (WEP) access
> point where previously that was nowhere near the case ;)

Seemed to connect fine okay first time - but then I could not ping the
router. I re-connected using n-m and now everything seem to be working.

I do get about a billion:

iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.
iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.
iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.
iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.
iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.
iwlwifi: TODO: Look into long/short preamble change handling.

in the logs - maybe one to suppress (or at leas rate-limit) in future
versions of the patch.

So thanks guys, appreciated.

Richard.