A couple of serious questions

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:33:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 13:21 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> You want to set frequency scalling, do temp monitoring, etc

g-p-m doesn't do temperature monitoring. I have an open feature
enhancement bug open, but I'm not sure if it really belongs in the scope
of g-p-m.

> Also no GUI != no display, a PVR box has no general-purpose desktop UI
> but does video output, has a specialized video control UI, needs to
> set power button policy, etc

Yes. There's work going on for a sort of g-p-m framework for embedded
devices (OLPC, OpenMoko type stuff) which will probably apply for PVR
boxes too. I did a talk about embedded devices at fosdem, and we might
actually have something concrete at the end of the summer. Check out
http://ohm.freedesktop.org/wiki/ for ideas we have so far.

Big note; you won't be using OHM on a laptop or desktop, session deamons
are much more suited for that. OHM will just be for embedded devices.

Richard.