perl package split - if you maintain a perl-* module, read this message.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Apr 16 20:21:39 UTC 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007, Robin Norwood wrote:

> Since perl is already assumed to be in the buildroots, and these
> packages are all split from the main 'perl' package, we aren't adding
> new software to the buildroots, just shuffling things around a bit.  For
> F8, we'll get the perl packages BuildRequires 'fixed' to include these
> packages, which we can then remove from the buildroots.
>
> Thoughts?

The F7/devel build roots have already had the split package set for a while,
and more than a few (build)dependent packages have been fixed already, right?
Just wondering if instead of adding those newly split packages it would be
better to just leave things as they are now and let rest of the affected
packages have their build deps fixed over time whenever they get their next
updates for whatever reason.