Release notes freezing for F7

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 18:30:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 02:13:45PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
 > On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:08:46AM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
 > > Today is your last chance[1] to get content into the ISO-based release
 > > notes for Fedora 7:
 > >
 > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats
 >
 > I'm not sure this section even applies now that we have libata driving
 > the IDE devices.  Does anyone know what the equivalent kernel
 > parameters for forcing IDE ports would be under libata?

That's a good question.

 > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Installer
 >
 > Sony VAIO Notebooks
 >
 > Some Sony VAIO notebook systems may experience problems installing
 > Fedora from CD-ROM. If this happens, restart the installation process
 > and add the following option to the boot command line:
 >
 > pci=off ide1=0x180,0x386
 >
 > Installation should proceed normally, and any devices not detected are
 > configured the first time Fedora is booted.

Alan, Jeff ?
I used to have one of the affected laptops, but sadly it was stolen.
I think I know someone who still has one however, I'll see if I can
convince him to bring it to the office when he returns from vacation
for testing.  Will be post test4 however.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk