Re: repotag in EPEL

Forewarning: I've not paid attention to the entire discussion, but...

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 09:04 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Use a repotag for EPEL4 and EPEL5 like this: add a "%define repotag foo"
in the buildsys, where foo expands to ".epel4" in EPEL4 and ".epel5" on
EPEL5; the repotag macro doesn't get defined in Fedora builders and thus
nothing will change when building a package for Fedora, even if it has a
%{?repotag} in %{release}.

Just a tiny detail, picking a random EPEL package:
  denyhosts-2.6-4.el5.noarch.rpm
then it would/could become:
  denyhosts-2.6-4.el5.epel5.noarch.rpm

which I think is redundant, repotag should expand to "epel" only for all
versions, so we would have:
  denyhosts-2.6-4.el5.epel.noarch.rpm

el5.epel still seems a bit redundant. Why not just forget the repotag and set the dist tag to epel5?

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com