Re: Standard naming scheme for KDE components?

On 4/27/07, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
Kelly wrote:
> I was just reading through the RPM Naming requirements, and it reminded me of
> something I was wondering about; is there some kind of naming standard for
> KDE/GNOME compoents, like styles, icons, etc.?
>
> I believe most GTK+ styles in Fedora are named gtk-(stylename)-style or
> something along those lines, right?  In that case, should KDE styles be named
> kde-(stylename)-style or something similar?

Nothing official, but there is a packaging draft under consideration:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/KDELooks

In the meantime, I'd recommend simply following upstream names.

-- Rex

Yah no one ever actually got back to me on that. Not sure how to proceed.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud