repotag in EPEL (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070426) FESCO meeting)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Apr 28 09:58:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:18:53AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Would it be possible to use the already existing %{?dist} distag and
> just change the way it is expanded in EPEL alone? That would
> actually avoid changing the spec file at all. I don't know if this
> might be a technical no-no for some reason in Fedora's build system.

That was the suggestion I had made as well, and is the best technical
solution indeed:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SteeringCommittee/Voting#head-efb18a3ff4ed343c4a8aa17dc0a8466bab8c9024

 "A possible implementation is to extend %{?dist} to include the
  repotag. Since EPEL is targeting building software out of the former
  Fedora Extras pool of software which at this point in time uses
  %{?dist} in 2989 of 3049 (98%) it does indeed already have a disttag
  everywhere but the epel-release package. So that seems the least
  intrusive and fastest way to achieve this."
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net