Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 16:44:23 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 09:15:41 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Each of the spins have different defaults. In enabling different spins
> that's we took away the idea of defaults for Fedora as such. Is Abiword
> or Openoffice.org the default word processor now? Is GNOME or KDE the
> default environment? It depends on which spin you download and use.
>
> > Please, this is ridiculous.  We have to provide defaults and we have to
> > do what we can *AS FEDORA* to have what we consider to be the best
> > defaults and then guide users towards that.
>
> Yes but this is dependent on the spins now. This isn't purely on
> defaults though. This is about how position and message things.

That's why we have a Default spin, IE Fedora.  That is the one spin that we
put above the rest.  It is the one we would hand out at shows.  It is the one
we would send to reviewers to review.  It is the one we base the Default Live
image from which would would do all the above as well.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora