Re: No networking since July 28! Only w/ Windows

Andy Green wrote:
Using rawhide as of July 28.

All of a sudden, my ethernet won't come up. No link lights. But this is dual-boot machine, and networking works if I boot up Windows XP.

Completely puzzled. Don't know where or whether to file a bug report.

Have a look in /proc/interrupts at the number of interrupts related to
your ethernet card, if it is broken out on its own line.

A box here on 2.6.23-rc1 did the same, with 0 interrupts on the IRQ
assigned to the ethernet device, and adding pci=biosirq to the kernel
commandline got it up again.

-Andy

Thanks. I'll try that. I'll be gone for 3 days. For now I'm simply using Windows :(

sean