Re: Licensing guidelines changes

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 02:06:19 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl redhat com> wrote:

> Are we going to
> insist on chopping our licenses that finely?  It seems like mostly a
> waste of time to me, because none of those packages really intend to
> prevent you from doing whatever you want with the code.

If that's the case, why didn't they just use the BSD license?  And if
you can truly do whatever you want, can't we re-license them BSD for our
distribution?

Part of this cleansing will help upstreams be a bit more clear and
conscious of their licenses and maybe even fix a few things.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora