Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 17:30:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:22:18 -0400
Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:

> Only thing is DaveJ sorta kinda said no thanks to carrying any
> additional out-of-tree stuff in the kernel package.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-kernel-list/2007-August/msg00011.html
>
> > And now the kernel maintainers would be the deciders as to what
> > goes in our out of our kernel, so the same criteria that is used
> > for the kernel is now used for kernel modules which is completely
> > fair (everybody plays by the same rules)
>
> See above... :)

I'm OK with that.  The reasons he states are valid whether they are in
the kernel or packaged separately.  In fact, things are /worse/ of it's
packaged separately.

This was also before we had the source control merged and it would have
been possible for somebody outside of Red Hat to help with the kernel
and anything we carry /in/ the kernel.

--
Jesse Keating