Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:18:46 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> I never understood why we did out of spec modules in RHEL.  It's just
> plain stupid, and it didn't work worth a damn.

I thought RHEL made some effort to avoid breaking the 3rd party modules
that their customers rely on with every kernel update (and that's
probably a very large reason they have customers...) while Linus and
fedora refuse to provide a stable interface.

> One "bright" idea was
> to let Fedora come up with a way to make it better.

You mean - like actually define an interface and stick to it at least
through a kernel major revision number?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com