Re: First Fedora7 problem : KDE + Xorg + Fonts

Kelly wrote:
On Sunday, August 05, 2007 4:56 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Right. Fedora is dropping XFS (X font server, not the filesystem) by
default in the next version so this problem is going away.

Well, that sucks. I've found Xorg is far more flaky with the fonts without xfs...

When I ran Debian, I used to get crashes due to the system not being able to find fonts with alarming frequency.

Well Fedora 7 doesnt use core fonts either. So XFS is just there doing nothing at all for the most part. All the modern toolkits and desktop environments use fontconfig and not XFS.

Can you be more specific about those crashes you mention? Got bug reports?

Rahul