F7 + Mono + Oracle 10g Express

Gustavo Ribeiro De Bonis ribeirogustavoti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:15:47 UTC 2007

Hi, a few days ago I was trying to setup a database (Oracle 10g) in my
distro (F7) to start to develop simple applications that I saw in college.

I was trying to connect to the database through a C# connection string
(using Mono Framwork).

But i didn't because i couldn't setup oracle enviroment variables
($ORACLE_HOME and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH), I would like to know if someone did
this, or successfully configured oracle 10g express on F7.

For futher explanations, i executed oracle scripts as Oracle
Installation Guide for Linux says, but i had nothing.

My SELinux was disable.

I searched for the libraries in $ORACLE_HOME/lib and they are all in
right folder.

I've installed Oracle Client too and executed the scripts.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Anybody here does this successfully, if did please help me.

Thanks everybody and sorry by my bad english.