Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:31:15 UTC 2007

Hello Packagers,

Over the next several weeks we're going to be transitioning away from
the owner.list and pkg.acl files to the long awaited Package Database.
As a transitional step we're going to continue to have our cvsadmins
handling the changes to owners.list but the changes will go to the
Database instead of to the owners.list file.  There are two changes to
your immediate workflow that you should be aware of:

1) pkg.acl files no longer serve acls.  Instead, this information is
contained in the packageDB.  If you would like to have an acl changed,
please use a cvsadmin request or see my note at the bottom of this
message[1]_.

2) To make processing requests easier for the cvsadmins it would be
greatly appreciated if you can use your Fedora username instead of email
address in your cvsadmin requests.  The Package Database keys off of the
Fedora Account so doing this will let the admins handle the requests
without having to lookup the username in the account system.

The updated instructions for cvsadmin requests are here:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure

[1]_: After testing this for a few weeks we'll be announcing the general
availability of many of these functions without having to go through a
cvsadmin.  If you would like to test the functionality knowing that
there is no documentation and that you may run into glaring bugs, please
send me email or get in touch with me on irc.freenode.net in
#fedora-devel or #fedora-admin -- abadger1999

Thanks,
Toshio Kuratomi