Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:24:05 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:

Hi

Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back
to metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration?
That would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI
cards.

Can you do basic window manager things like make a window always
present on all desktops yet?

Last time I tried it, Compiz was great at glitz but sucked as a window
manager.

+1

Can you have keyboard shortcuts to go to a specific desktop ? Can you have a keyboard shortcut to raise a window over others ? I can't work without those things.