Re: Disabling atime - bad mount behavior

After reading the article on kernel list, I tried out noatime on root
partition.  I also added 'data=writeback'.  Guess what?  Unbootable system.

I had assumed (wrongly) that mount was smart enough that for something so
critical as mounting / it would just ignore a bad option.  Wrong.

IMO, this should REALLY be fixed.