Re: Trouble to build python releate stuff on koji

On Friday 10 August 2007, Till Maas wrote:
> On Fr August 10 2007, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 02:23:00PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FullExceptionList
> > > "These are the packages you can safely assume will be present in a
> > > BuildRoot without being pulled in by a package's BuildRequires."
> > >
> > > python is included in that list, so it seems that the minimal buildroot
> > > configs need fixing.
> >
> > Or python removed from the list?
>
> It seems the list needs a lot more adjustment,

Yep, that's very likely.

> this is a diff between the
> list on the wiki and the packages installed in a i386 mock build without
> BuildRequires (according to the var/log/yum.log in the chroot directory):

At least some of those are because rpmdevtools appears to be installed in the
mock buildroot.  I'm not sure why it is (maybe due to check-buildroot checks
(which have moved to rpm-build in Rawhide)?), but as long as it is not
explicitly listed, people shouldn't assume it or the extra things it pulls in
is always there.