Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

On 8/10/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
On 8/10/07, darrell pfeifer <darrellpf gmail com> wrote:
> First, it is visually distracting.

> Second, it hides useful information. If the window wan't greyed out I
> could continue to read information in the window (eg firefox) while
> waiting.

You are arguing about shades of grey or is it gray.  Would it make you
happier if the grey wasn't as dark?  Compared to crap like pop-up
notification bubbles from the panel, i'd say greying the window is a
comparably subtle way of giving you status information.  If you were
going to indicate that a window how would you do it?

I think greying out, or darkening  the window decoration would make
a lot more sense.  You  get minor  visual clues, without it being  distracting,
and it allows you to see what the window is/was trying to do.

Jon