Re: Qemu Fedora 8 (possible enhancement?)

On 8/10/07, Jaroslaw Gorny <jaroslav aster pl> wrote:
Friday 10 of August 2007 10:23:16 Matthias Saou napisaƂ(a):
(...)
> > > The default install of qemu in fedora has this support explicitly
> > > disabled so even if you wanted to use kqemu (either kmod, dkms, or
> > > compiled) you would have to build qemu from source.  Would there be any
> > > objection to allowing support for kqemu in the fedora RPM?
> > >
> > > Mark Bidewell
> >
> > Odd, my Qemu works with KQemu...
>
> Yup, same here, the default package uses kqemu just fine.

I've got guest CentOS5 on F7 host. Kqemu is installed as dkms package. If
I "boot" guest OS with kqemu module loaded - startup hangs on "Red Hat nash *
starting" and goes no further.

Running guest OS without kqemu module works OK (slow, but works).
System is up-to-date,

Where should I search to find the reason?

you are using a smp (host) system right?
that means you have to bind the qemu process to a cpu to workaround this.
either using taskset or schedtool.