Re: Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:19:51 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> > > What are your requirements?
> >
> > A python module.
> >
> > For owners.list support in extras repoclosure and upgradecheck*.
>
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/33

Needed is anonymous access to pkg src.rpm %name, primary maintainer,
co-maintainers, Cclist.

> I've linked whatever relevant information I can.  I've targeted it at
> 0.3.2 (where 0.3.1 will be released before the end of next week).  If
> someone wants to work on this sooner, that would be fine.

Retrieving a single flat file/db (e.g. in pickle format) has the advantage
that it is a single point of failure only. If the operation fails, scripts
can terminate early. On the contrary, if for each in a set of packages the
database must be queried separately, this needs a lot more error condition
handling to consider temporary unavailability of the service or network.
That creates overhead for small helper scripts.