Disabling atime

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 11 17:54:40 UTC 2007

Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram napsal(a):
>> Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> tmpwatch runs by default. Everyone uses that.
>> Has a simple patch already which I mentioned in my original mail.
> The patch changes behavior.
>
> We're not in that much of a rush, are we?  Why don't we wait to see
> what, if any, relatime variant is committed to the upstream kernel?
> relatime design decisions will happen on lkml, not on this list.
> 	Mirek

This is not the first time these discussions have happened. Not a
question of rush but one of finally making a decision. In the same lkml
thread I see the redirection to fedora-devel list and I made no attempt
to discussion the design here. If relatime is what we want, lets switch
to that by default.

Rahul