Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

> Hi
>
> Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back to
> metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration?

I've got Metacity configured with some really useful keyboard shortcuts.
Those stop working when I enable desktop effects (last I checked), which
is the main reason I don't do that. So, if Compiz is enabled by default
even for upgraded user accounts, this would be a regression. I was
hoping for the Metacity compositor I remember someone was working on to
solve this, but perhaps there's a Compiz-based solution. (I haven't
really looked for one.)

/abo