Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

Dave Airlie wrote:

There are two issues...

1. having a compositing manager by default will break a lot of apps on a
lot of drivers. We can probably enable by default on Intel hw when krh
and myself get things moving.

(ah, finally a real answer)

This was basically what I was driving it. If we could enable Compiz by default and automatically fall back to metacity, we would get Compiz out of the box on Intel hardware and a few others.

When you say you want to get things moving are you referring to http://hoegsberg.blogspot.com/2007/08/redirected-direct-rendering.html?

What would this offer us on open drivers that already support 3D?

Rahul