Re: Disabling atime

Le dimanche 12 août 2007 à 05:02 +0200, Ralf Corsepius a écrit :

> And how do you "fix" the "find"-based cron job users might have
> implemented to clean up /var/cache from files not being used for time
> span "x"?

Ralf,

Everyone can find pathological cases

atime killed one of my flash cards before I learnt to disable it by
default (nowadays the system is supposed to detect flash and disable
atime, no idea how foolproof the check is)

atime is a legacy ass-backwards default
That no one dared touching it so far does not make it less stupid
We're making more user-impacting changes with less cause every release

Let's just disable atime asap so more testers check it before F8, and
forget about it

--
Nicolas Mailhot