Re: Disabling atime

Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM comcast net> said:
OK, I ran my own test doing an rpmbuild of a custom kernel.

This is being pitched as a "big gain for the desktop user".  How many
desktop users build a kernel?  Where is the gain in the typical desktop
usage pattern?

It's about the only file-intensive, fairly long-running, repeatable task
I do on my system, and I don't do it often enough to really care how long
it takes (within reason).  And, if you actually read the rest of my
message, you'll see I didn't find anything to pitch as a "big gain,"
or indeed, any gain.

                Do NOT delete it.