Re: My syslog has stopped working on Fedora 7!!

On 8/12/07, Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:

> > My syslog has stopped working, here are the last entries from the log:
> > http://tkmame.retrogames.com/last_messages
>
> Is syslogd actually running?
>
> ps -Af | grep syslogd

In my case I did a service restart on it. The messages indicated that
it came down (so it wasn't dead) and then came back up.

I also rebooted. Again, no logging. Some other update eventually
magically fixed it so I don't have a system to debug this any more.

darrell