Re: Fedora 8 Boot time/shutdown time goal?

now that you mention that.. can't fedora do a "global" fast check to
see if any hardware configuration changed? that global thing should be
real fast (few micro seconds) than once it detects changes do the full
new hardware check.

This could be a bootup speed gain right?