Problems with NetworkManager and autofs/NFS

NetworkManager is currently (in devel and F7) unusable with autofs and NFS mounts. This is because NetworkManager is stopped very early in the shutdown process (K02) and brings down the network with it. Then when autofs attempts to unmount any automounted nfs mounts, they fail because the remote machine is not accessible. Eventually the machine hangs trying to unmount the last nfs mounted directory. I suppose it might timeout eventually, but it's beyond my patience to wait that long.

Questions:

- Why is NetworkManager shutdown so early?

- Should autofs/nfs shutdown do a forced unmount if needed? Would that work?

- Do we need tighter NIS/autofs integration into NetworkManager?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com