Re: ufsparse -> suitesparse

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 05:48:57PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > > freefem++ is one other thing depending on ufsparse, but it's not in CVS
> > > yet, awaiting arpack to pass review (Axel, are you alive there?).
> >
> > Sure, I'm waiting for the lapack <-> atlas issue to be resolved.
>
> Why haven't you filed a bug? You can't expect the problem to resolve by
> itself.

Well, I think I saw that this was your package and since we were
discussing this in the review I thought you were aware of it. I'm also
not sure whether this is really an issue, it was reported as such by a
reviewer (yum picking the smallest name for fulfilling a dependency or
something along the lines which makes atlas win over lapack).

At any rate the claim was that atlas(-devel?) provides equivalent
files like lapack but is still not working as a replacement. I haven't
checked whether this claim is true, this is something for lapack/atlas
experts to digest :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net