Fedora KDE Question

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 17:47:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 10:38 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I am a bit confused about the division of labour in Fedora in
> reference to KDE :
>
> the fedora-desktop list seems to be unconcerned with things KDE, yet
> the scope of the discussions, and possible decisions seem to go beyond
> Gnome; to system wide changes. If decisions aren't limited to Gnome,
> shouldn't discussions include KDE?

Speaking merely for the Red Hat desktop people, or maybe just for
myself:

We're not talking about KDE because solving these problems twice is
deeply uninteresting.  We're not planning to do anything that makes
KDE's life difficult, but we're not aware of all the issues and we don't
have the resources (or interest really) to discover them for ourselves.
We're happy to take input from KDE people, but so far we haven't
received much; perhaps none has been needed.

Did you have a specific problem in mind?

- ajax