Re: kde4 status?

On 18/08/07, Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today I've started working on packaging a kde game, ksirk. Upstream has a beta
> version available which uses kde4, I thought that would be a good place to
> start. However much to my suprise, I couldn't find any kde4 packages in rawhide.
>
> So whats the statud on this, eta? Anything I can do to help? Any place where I
> can download test packages (even if those are to rough for rawhide)?

I'm not sure KDE4 is slated for inclusion for F8; their release
schedule is too closed to that of F8 to accomodate any slippage.

I believe there are some KDE4 packages being worked on, that can be
parallel-installable, but I don't think KDE4-based packages can be
accepted into the distribution unless KDE4 itself is.

(Note that even SUSE is skipping KDE4 for their next release, due in October)

Regards,

--
Michel