Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-AUG-20

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 13:57:40 UTC 2007

> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
>
> > That's a good question.  At the moment, the answer is probably no.  The
> > plugin and tools are working perfectly, but the integration into koji
> > seems to be at a standstill.  Until that gets done, Fedora
> > Infrastructure won't be generating any deltarpms.
>
> Couldn't createdeltarepo be used till Koji integration is done or is
> Koji integration mandatory for presto to be default in Fedora 8?

And recreate the deltas every single time there's an updates/rawhide
push?  No.  Not an option.  At least, not if we want pushes to complete
in anything approaching a reasonable time.

And if we're storing stuff, we need to do it in koji, because otherwise
we're building up another database, etc and it's going to be more work
than doing it right to begin with.

> Will we get this feature enabled in time?

Unfortunately, due to some other things sucking up the time of the main
people working on koji over the past 6 weeks, my confidence in having
everything land is a bit lower than it had been :(

Jeremy