Re: how long for a build to be available in devel buildroot?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:34:44 -0500
Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:

> the 'newRepo' task runs about every ~20 minutes (give or take).

Actually the newRepo task runs when a package is tagged that would be
seen by a build collection.  The time it takes a newRepo command to
complete is somewhere around 20 minutes, depending on the buildsystem
load.

Now there are cases where many packages finish building while a current
newRepo task is running.  We don't start a newRepo task for each of
those builds, instead we just know that as soon as the current repo
task is complete to start a new one, or something along those lines.

If you're working on the devel branch, you can make use of chain-build
(make help) which will allow you to set up a chain of builds that will
automatically wait for the previous link in the chain to be available
in buildroots before building the next link in the chain.

--
Jesse Keating