Re: Problems with NetworkManager and autofs/NFS

Jon Nettleton wrote:

Moving forward  we need much tighter integration with all NetworkManager and
all
network services on the machine.  What I have done to reduce contention as
well
as boot time is to remove the following services from my init process

iscsi
iscsid
ntpd
autofs
sshd
avahi-daemon
avahi-dnsconfd
yum-updatesd

They all now are started by custom scripts in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d.  Yes
I know that theoretically autofs doesn't below there because it can mount
non network
drives, but I don't use that so it is there now.

I can pass some of my stuff along if you are interested.

I'd be interested.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com