Re: Rebuilds needed for Fedora 8

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:24:06 -0400
"Colin Walters" <walters redhat com> wrote:

> Another way to ensure the changelog is consistent is to stop using
> it.  Move them out of the spec for historical archives, and use the
> version control system.  Not writing changes twice = win.
> Especially when most of them are on the level of "new upstream
> version" which are equivalent to comments in C like:
> /* Increment x */
> x = x+1;

That's great, when the SCM is easy to access and available in moments
of need.  But it's not really easy to do rpm -q --changelog <foo> and
have that search whatever SCM the package came from (if it came from
one) and gather the changelogs, and order them in some way that makes
sense for the package you have currently installed.

--
Jesse Keating