Re: KDE: replacing dolphin

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> We could use  "Provides:         dolphin" .
>
> However I have rpms from both methods ready. Which one you would
> recommend? Meanwhile mine will be :
>
> submitting a new review for d3lphin and EOL'ing dolphin.
> Provides:         dolphin
> Obsoletes:        dolphin <= 0.8.2

Using an unversioned Provides is usually not a good idea.  As long as
d3lphin's version is higher than 0.8.2, probably best to simply use:
Provides: dolphin = %{version}-%{release}

And, while Rahul's sentiments about naming have an appeal, you really ought
to follow upstream naming (and use d3lphin).

-- Rex