[proposal] fonts comps group

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Aug 27 16:47:41 UTC 2007

BTW after talking with Behdad and upstream on irc we'll probably try to
switch dejavu-lgc & dejavu at the start of the F9 cycle.

This will mean a lot more encoding coverage by default. Also we may be
able to remove some font packages from the default install set, freeing
some livecd space for other stuff.

However since resolving the Arabic/Farsi unicode clash will require use
of advanced opentype features, and DejaVu in general is pretty
aggressive feature-wise, it will probably expose bugs in apps. It will
also change the defaults for some languages, and since people are
attached to their default fonts, some are bound to complain.

For those reasons I believe a whole Fedora development cycle is
necessary to shake out all the problems.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot