Re: must send modifications license acceptable?

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 02:50:50AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Any license that mandates a requirement to send all modifications to the original authors is clearly non-free. Academic Free License does not do that. The other licenses you quotes appear to do this.

In fact in one of the license this is a should and not a must, Karl
Berry (texlive maintainer) thinks it is right and I agree with him:

"All modified versions should be reported back to the author."

If I make private modifications in Free software and don't distribute the software, I am under no obligation to distribute any changes to anyone. Maybe this request can be presented outside the license and that's what the DSFG FAQ suggests

http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html

Rahul